Saturday, October 11, 2008

Update on Jack Taylor






I am tired. I can barely keep my eyes open. I think I've slept 5 hours in the past 3 days..But I don't know for sure...What day is it by the way?


I (Joe) spent all day at Primary Children's with Jack. They ran multitudes of blood studies, took a spinal tap, did a ultrasound and a CT scan of his brain, did an X ray of his abdomen, and have 2 I.V.'s, an art line, a ng tube placed in his stomach, and an ekg and pulsoximeter hooked up to his little body. They've had him under a light for a lot of the day to help prevent jaundice, from bilirubin in his blood stream...So here's what we know. Not much.. The don't know list would take up the rest of this post, so I'm not going there.. The Ct scan revealed a little lesion on the right side of his brain. They cant tell us exactly how big, or how he could be affected by it. His platelet count was 300 after his transfusion yesterday, and it stayed there, ruling out most autoimmune disorders we were worried about. So most likely its some kind of a virus they think.


Jack acts like a normal super smart, super cute baby! He doesn't seem to have any brain damage, but you can never really tell until later in life. I find myself staring at this little angel with such intense love, that I never new a love like this could exist for a person that Ive only known for 24 hours. Absolutely AMAZING!


Mom (Megan) was able to come over to Primary's and see Jack for a few hours today. She was ecstatic to see him, and finally see his face without his eyes swollen, and all washed up and clean. It was a fun couple of hours, until alas she had to go back to Alta View for some pain meds.


We still don't know how long Jack will stay in the hospital for, but a week is what were kind of thinking. He ate a little of moms milk today, and seemed happy ... He is a very mellow kid (thank goodness)hardly cries, and snorts when he does cry. We both just cant wait to get him home..Megan will be released tomorrow from Alta View, and we'll head strait up to Primary's...Keep little Jack in your prayers...Thanks to all of those that have helped us thus far.....

2 comments:

adams fam said...

Hey guys,
We are so happy for you and your little Jack! KNow that he you all are in our prayers! I know we are in Texas but please if there is ANYTHING we can do please call!

The Lunds said...

Oh, the poor little guy. I hate seeing them hooked up to so many things. Sounds like everything is fine though. I am relieved to hear it and that Megan is doing well too. It must be hard for her to not be in the same place and Jack. It's a good thing you can be there with him. We'll keep praying for you!