Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Jack, Day of Life 9"

This kid is always smiling, he doesn't mean to, but he does it all the time..........
This is another Jack face that we see on a daily basis.................
and another....................
and another! Lots of cute faces on one little boy.
Whenever the doctors do rounds they always say, "Jack, day of life...(whatever)". I think it sounds so formal and goofy. Today while Joe and I were there he got his blood drawn for his twice daily platelet count. I never asked how they did this. I just assumed they drew blood out of one of his IV's. NO, they stick his heel and squeeze it and drops of blood come out. SOOOOOOO sad. But he's such a brave boy that he just kinda squirms around. He hardly ever cries. We were still there when the findings of that test came back and his count had gone up 5000. So that's good! But I'm not going to hold my breath that they will raise again the next time they do the test. I'll find out when I go tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. Today was a good day!!

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

Yay! That seems to be some improvement. I hate when they prick their heels. I almost cried when they did it to Hayden the first time. Poor little babes have to go through so much crap. Why can't they just leave them alone!