Friday, October 17, 2008

Baby Jack Day 8

This is what Jack Jack does best!! SLEEEEEEEEP!!!!!
He is our little Jedi Warrior. He is soooooo tough! But this one sleeps on the job.
He's so used to us taking close-up photos that he's starting to get brave and reach at the camera (the best a 7 day old can)
So, I originally tried to post this when we got home from the hospital at 11pm last night, but I fell asleep holding the laptop. Thursday I think I mentioned that he had to get another platelet transfusion. His count went from 47,000 to 42,000. And you think, hey, that's lower than what he started at, that's not right. Well, you ARE right!! So, we're thinking that MY blood (antigens) pretty much don't like anybody's platelets! Rrrreeeer!!! Hisssss! I have angry blood!!! So, he needed another platelet transfusion immediately following that one Friday morning. Which they added something to it that either protects his platelets from mine or it fights against mine to make the transfusion work better. His count went back up to, I think, around 152,000, which is a good range to be at, and it's 4 am and I just called the nurse and they had only dropped to 147,000. Sounds like they might be dropping at a slower rate now. We'll see......... Tomorrow....(technically TODAY)....is a whole new day.

2 comments:

The Lunds said...

Oh goodness. Problems, Problems! I am just hoping and wishing (probably not as bad as you) that he just miraculously gets better and he gets to come home. I can't imagine making the drive everyday for what seemed like forever. I am just glad that besides the platelets, everything is normal. I hope you are at least able to get some sleep. Still let us know if we can do anything for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting updates and pictures...he is so darling! We can't wait to meet him.
Sarah