Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 11

Seriously the cutest baby ever in the whole world!!!
Grandma loves to hold baby Jack. She'll even change his diaper.
Daddy "pope" kisses are the best!!
That binki is bigger than he is.
Today was an uneventful day, which is good, his platelets barely dropped. At rounds they said if he keeps gaining weight and his platelets come back in the morning and they've stayed around where they were today that he could come home tomorrow or even the next day for sure. He didn't do too good on his feedings today because he was very sleepy. Tomorrow I'm taking his car seat to do a "test" run beside his crib to make sure he keeps his heart rate normal and his breathing normal. They have this long list of things you have to pass off before you can take your baby home.

*has to hold temperature with a night gown on.
*has to be in a crib
*has to pass the car seat test
*parents have to watch a movie on "shaken baby syndrome"
*parents have to watch a video on infant CPR
*parents have to certify at infant CPR
*has to gain weight every day for 5 consecutive days

I'm sure I'm missing one or two. And for Jack his platelets have to drop at a slow rate or grow on some days. When he does go home I'll be bringing him back to Primary's every other day to get his platelets checked and maybe get a transfusion every 7th or 8th day depending on how quickly he drops down below 50,000. Today was a good day!!

7 comments:

Andrea and Justin said...

I hope that he gets to come home within the next couple days. That will be so nice for you guys. I remember doing the car seat test for Savanna.

The Lunds said...

Yay Jack! Good luck with the list.

Two and a Crew! said...

You are all so adorable. What a precious family! You guys are so inspiring and so positive, I am not sure I could be that strong. Hats off to you! I am glad to hear things are on the rise for the little man! It will be so much fun to have him home, away from the hospital.
I had no idea parent's had to do so much before taking their baby home!?

Wendy said...

Thanks for the updates, I love love all the cute pictures of your sweet boy and your family. I am so glad to hear that he is doing better. I can't even imagine what that would be like not to that your baby home. Hopefully he will be home soon. Love you and good luck. You are in our prayers.

Sally Barrington said...

I'm sorry I've been out of the blog loop. now I' back And all caught up. I'm sooo happy Jack Jakc is doing better. We have been praying for him lots. I love the day by day play. What a wonderful mommy and daddy you two are!!! I can't wait for Jack to be ready for his Cousin? Sally to come and play!!! Go, Jakc, Go!!!!

Sally Barrington said...

Jack!! so I can't spell when I type fast, Sorry

Anonymous said...

Hi Gardners!
Thank you for the updates and your boy is darling. We're thinking about you guys all the time.
Sarah