Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another false alarm!! Grrrrrrrrr!!!

We had another false alarm Sunday evening. I had contractions all day long and by 7 pm was having them every minute. So we loaded up the puppies, dropped them off at "grama's", and flew to the hospital. (Joe was really upset we couldn't drive his car to the hospital because his goes REALLY REALLY fast and mine doesn't). When I got there they hooked me up to the machines like last time and started to monitor me. Well wouldn't ya know that as soon as we get there my contractions kind of stopped! Little Jack is playing tricks on us! So the nurse checked my cervix when we got there and once more an hour later after walking around a bit. NO CHANGE IN THE OLD CERVIX!! So all these contractions I've been having for three days did nothing to my cervix. LAME!!!!!! So I might have cried and cried out of frustration (oh and the checking of the ol' cervix isn't pleasant either). The nurse suggested I get a shot of Morphine and Phenergen to go home on. I really didn't want to but she said if I was in true labor it might bump it up to active labor, if I was in false labor it would make my contractions go away. So I thought I'd try it out. I went into the bathroom to get changed into my clothes and when I came out the nurse proceeds to tell me that she needs a butt cheek! "HA HA jokes on me, alright here's my arm". Joe says no really honey they need your butt. OUCH!! I have a small bruise there now. So Joe drove me home all "morphed" out and hysterical because I was convinced I was going to be allergic to it and was going to stop breathing any second. Joe was so awesome about the whole thing and kept reassuring me that I wasn't going to die. He helped me wash my face and brush my teeth and put me to bed. He's the best. Well, hopefully the next time I post will be the real deal.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh girl that brought back so many memories. That little bum shot hurts! But it does work to help you sleep and make the contractions go away. I had a bruise too for about a week. They wanted to give me another shot the next day and I said no way I would rather deal with the contractions. Good Luck.

The Lunds said...

Ohhhh! I am so sorry. I hate shots in the butt. I have to get a rhogam shot because my blood and Brian's blood is different. That shot hurts like a mother! I have had tons of contractions lately too. I never really felt any until real labor with Hayden, so maybe yours will do something...eventually. The cervix checking is no walk in the park. I hate it and when you have the baby, they do it very, very often. You get used to it however. One time they checked me and the lady tried and tried and finally said, "I need to go get the long fingered nurse!" Ewwww! Funny though. Hopefully Jack is here soon.

Braden said...

Oh Megan, you are too cute!!! Just so you know all those "false labor" contractions are actually doing something, lets call them pre-labor contractions, and beleive it or not every one of them are bringing you closer. Hang in there, your so close!!

adams fam said...

oh thats brutal. I am glad AMy never had any false alarms. Taylor was an emergancy c-section after 30 hours of labor, and both boys were scheduled c sections